Protect your Family from Chlorine in Bath & Shower Water
Today, most people shower and bathe in chlorine-treated water. Sanitizing tap water with chlorine is a useful chemical. In addition to being toxic, it is also extremely irritating to the skin and lungs. Your skin absorbs chlorine from both water and steam when you take a shower because the heat opens your pores.
Human skin is oxidized by chlorine when it splits hydrogen from water, releasing nascent oxygen and hydrogen chloride. The molecular level damage caused by these gas compounds has been scientifically proven. It is the largest organ in the body, and it absorbs chlorine completely. The chlorine in water chemically bonds with the proteins in our skin and hair, causing brittle and dry hair, and itchy, dry, and prematurely aging skin.
It is not only absorbed through our skin, but it is also vaporized in the shower, inhaled into our lungs, and transferred directly to our bloodstream. Showering accounts for over 50% of our daily chlorine exposure.
Potential health problems associated with daily, long-term chlorine exposure include: Dry Skin & Hair
Hives and Rashes
Asthma & Breathing Problems
Premature Wrinkling of Skin
Cancer from THM Agents
Regardless of which type of system you choose, chlorine removal should always be an important consideration for every home and family.